The appetite for mobile content is growing at an unprecedented rate, fueled in the United States by a ravenous consumer appetite for video. Mobile video traffic accounted for 55% of all mobile data traffic in 2015 and is expected to reach 75% of total global mobile data traffic in 2020, according to a recent estimate by Cisco. Meanwhile, a global study sponsored by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) found that more than half (58%) of smartphone users watch short videos on a daily basis, and a very high percentage (36%) watch long-form videos lasting five minutes or longer. These consumption habits pave the way for new sponsored and subscription based opportunities for content providers and mobile operators, formerly independent entities that are coalescing through acquisitions, such as DirectTV by AT&T.
- Não Fique Para Trás na App Economy: O Evento Tela Viva Móvel
- Partner Spotlight: Opari Driving New Opportunities in Africa
- Don’t Be Left Behind in the App Economy: Tela Viva Móvel Event in Brazil
- Syntonic Extends Offering for Carriers with Three New Apps Integrated Into Its Platform
- Syntonic Amplia Oferta Para Operadoras Com Três Novos Aplicativos Integrados à Sua Plataforma