The appetite for mobile content is growing at an unprecedented rate, fueled in the United States by a ravenous consumer appetite for video. Mobile video traffic accounted for 55% of all mobile data traffic in 2015 and is expected to reach 75% of total global mobile data traffic in 2020, according to a recent estimate by Cisco. Meanwhile, a global study sponsored by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) found that more than half (58%) of smartphone users watch short videos on a daily basis, and a very high percentage (36%) watch long-form videos lasting five minutes or longer. These consumption habits pave the way for new sponsored and subscription based opportunities for content providers and mobile operators, formerly independent entities that are coalescing through acquisitions, such as DirectTV by AT&T.
- Syntonic Predicts that in 2018 the Mobile Data Ecosystem Will Undergo a Major Shift to Satisfy the Appetites of Content-Hungry Consumers
- Freeway Overpass Brings New Value to Mobile Operators
- Flex Your Mobile Data with Freeway Overpass™ for Data-Free Access to Today’s Most Popular Apps
- Syntonic Completes Board of Directors Appointments and Selects Sprint and AT&T Veteran as Chairman
- Natural Price Points and Unlimited Plans